Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mommy's (and Lyla's) birthday

Lyla love-- Happy 1 month birthday! Today is my 28th birthday and having you here (and sharing your 1 month birthday!) is the best gift I could ever ask for. This first month flew by and you've gotten so big already. This weekend Grandma Jane came to visit you again. We spent time hanging out together and the three of us went on your first shopping trip. We drove to the Albertville Outlet Mall and I picked out a birthday gift from Grandma. You slept the whole time! Grandma Jane fed you your bottles at night so that I could get a few full nights of sleep. =) Right now you are sleeping in your crib. So far you've napped in there during the day, but you have been sleeping in a cradle in our room at night. Actually, you and I have slept in the living room most nights in order to let Daddy sleep well! He is very busy right now with a new job at work and two graduate classes at The University of Minnesota for his MBA. I think we will try out your crib tonight and see how it goes. Typically you get up once during the night, but I suspect it will be twice tonight because you went to bed a little earlier than usual. This week I will post your newborn photos. I just got them back from Alyssa and they are beautiful! Things I love about you my sweet Lyla: 1) how you hold your hands in little fists by your face 2) how you stare up at me or Daddy when we feed you 3) that you fake burp (ie make funny noises) during feedings to try and get back to the food faster 4) the funny faces you make 5) your little smile we've seen a few times =) 6) I love how much we love you! Happy 1 Month Birthday Lyla Jane- Love you forever, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment